Podcast: Playing in the Deep End of the Pool
April 12, 2017
Listen to Jennifer and Daniel Bauer on the Better Leaders Better Schools Podcast discussing "Playing in the deep end of the pool"
Show highlights include:
- How schools encourage “get out” thinking and acting?
- How to make different choices in their work
- What the shift from teaching to leading in school requires
- Why pushing and wanting to be fixed is the problem
- Here is how to grow adults
- Playing in the deep end of the pool
- What is collective efficacy?
- What the Ministry of Education learned from talking to their principals
- Jennifer’s process for writing
- Why “slowing down” and “don’t push” is unhelpful
Jennifer Abrams considers herself a “voice coach,” helping others learn how to best use their voices – be it collaborating on a team, presenting in front of an audience, coaching a colleague, supervising an employee. Jennifer has been recognized as one of “18 Women All K-12 Educators Need to Know” by Education Week’s “Finding Common Ground” blog, and the International Academy of Educational Entrepreneurship’s 2015 Entrepreneur of the Year.
About Jennifer Abrams
Jennifer has been recognized as one of "21 Women All K-12 Educators Need to Know" by Education Week's 'Finding Common Ground' blog. She considers herself a "voice coach," helping others learn how to best use their voices – be it collaborating on a team, facilitating a group, coaching a colleague, supervising an employee and being an all around better human being in all types of interactions.
Work with Jennifer
Praise for Jennifer
“I hope you are well. I approached you right after your morning session on hard conversations to thank you for the amazing workshop. I shared that I am tough to impress. Equally, important, I never smile. Nonetheless, your approach elicited a genuine excitement and passion for the work.”