Podcast: What do you really want from people?
April 13, 2016
Listen to Jennifer and Daniel Bauer on the Better Leaders Better Schools Podcast discussing "What do You Really Want From People?"
In this episode Jennifer and Daniel discuss:
- to say YES a lot
- steps to becoming authentic
- the importance of meditation and quiet
- how to become softer and gentler
- why being too credible can be a problem
- difference between clarification conversations and hard conversations
- have you thought through what you really want from people?
- how to give growth producing and humane connections
- the real misunderstanding between a multi-generational workplace
Better Leaders Better Schools guest Jennifer Abrams is an international educational and communications consultant for public and independent schools, hospitals, universities and non-profits. Jennifer trains and coaches teachers, administrators, nurses, hospital personnel, and others on new employee support, supervision, being generationally savvy, having hard conversations and effective collaboration skills.
About Jennifer Abrams
Jennifer has been recognized as one of "21 Women All K-12 Educators Need to Know" by Education Week's 'Finding Common Ground' blog. She considers herself a "voice coach," helping others learn how to best use their voices – be it collaborating on a team, facilitating a group, coaching a colleague, supervising an employee and being an all around better human being in all types of interactions.
Work with Jennifer
Praise for Jennifer
“Jennifer presented a workshop on Having Hard Conversations to our staff. She is a superb presenter, with a strong command of the content, excellent real examples, and professional delivery. Staff have since been talking to me all week about how much they enjoyed the presentation. I only wish we had more time with her, as these practices have the potential to have a really positive impact on our workplace.”