Podcast: The Multigenerational Workplace
November 14, 2017
Listen to Jennifer on the TL Talk Radio podcast where she discusses her book The Multigenerational Workplace.
In this episode, we are speaking with Jennifer Abrams. Jennifer is an international educational and communications consultant who trains and coaches teachers, administrators and others on successful instructional practices, new teacher support, supervision and evaluation, generational savvy, having hard conversations and effective collaboration skills.
Here is what we talked about:
- Tell us about the big ideas or essential questions behind your book – The Multigenerational Workplace.
- You begin the text by defining the generations. Help us understand these distinctions.
- You discuss working with multiple generations. Why is it important for us to consider this in our workplace?
- What do you mean by school-savvy etiquette?
- We have recently adopted a Profile of a Graduate in which we highlight knowledge, skills, and dispositions for our graduates. We focus on the 4 c’s including communication and collaboration. In your book, you discuss communicating to collaborate. Tell us what that means in this context.
- Why is it important for us to recruit and retain the generations in education?
- We invest significant human and financial resources in professional learning. Why should we differentiate for our generations?
- What’s next for you, Jennifer? What are you working on now?
About Jennifer Abrams
Jennifer Abrams considers herself a "voice coach," helping others learn how to best use their voices – be it collaborating on a team, presenting in front of an audience, coaching a colleague and supervising an employee. Jennifer holds a Master's degree in Education from Stanford University and a Bachelor's degree in English from Tufts University. She lives in Palo Alto, California. Jennifer's publications include Having Hard Conversations, The Multigenerational Workplace: Communicating, Collaborating & Creating Community and Hard Conversations Unpacked – the Whos, the Whens and the What Ifs. She has also created a Corwin Press e-course by the same name.
Work with Jennifer
Praise for Jennifer
“Jennifer Abrams is an exceptional presenter and author. Her workshops are motivational, memorable, and extremely useful. The lessons and skills that she presents are easily shared. Jennifer is charismatic, down-to-earth, and outstanding to work with. We truly enjoyed having her present to our administrators.”